This website is property of:S.S.A. Sporting Goods NV
S.S.A. Sporting Goods is responsible for the processing of your personal data that it obtains when you visit the Website or when you communicate it. As controller, we take all appropriate measures to ensure that processing complies with applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (hereinafter: “GDPR”). The appointees and employees of S.S.A. Sporting Goods as well as the service providers that it engages and who have access to your personal data are equally obliged to comply with the GDPR.
Legal form: Public limited liability company (“naamloze vennootschap”, abbreviated in “NV”) organised and existing under the laws of Belgium
Company name: S.S.A. Sporting Goods
Registered office: Neringstraat 2, B-8370 Blankenberge, Belgium
Enterprise number: 0405.217.894
Telephone number: +32 50 42 72 40
Hyperlink website: www.ssa-archery.com
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
S.S.A. Sporting Goods processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you, to process and answer any questions you may have, and to provide you with the necessary information about us and our products;
- To conclude and execute purchase-sales agreements with you;
- Customer management, creation and management of customer files;
- Administration, billing and accounting;
- optimising business processes;
- marketing purposes
The processing of your personal data, whether or not on or via the Website, is not the subject of
automated decision-making or profiling.
What is the legal basis for the processing of your personal data?
S.S.A. Sporting Goods processes your personal data if:
- this is necessary for the conclusion and/or performance of purchase/sale agreements with you or to take certain measures or actions at your request for the conclusion of such agreements; or
- this is necessary to defend the legitimate interests of S.S.A. Sporting Goods or of a third party, unless your interests or rights with respect to the protection of personal data would outweigh our interests; or
- this is a legal obligation;
Which personal data do we process and how?
We only process the following personal data via the Website: Name and first name, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address and any other personal data that you yourself provide in the Website’s contact form.
These personal data are only processed insofar as you provide them to us (whether or not via the Website). However, their processing is necessary for the purposes set out in Article 3.
In concluding and executing the purchase-sales agreements, we process (all or part of) the following (personal) data:
- of natural persons: name and first name, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, address details, VAT number, as well as all or part of the aforementioned (personal) data of any representative(s) of these natural persons;
- of legal entities: legal form, company name, trade name, registered office, place of business, CBE number, VAT number, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, opening hours, website, images/photos of shop fixtures, commercial statistics and/or any other attorney(s)-in-fact of these legal entities;
The processing of the aforementioned (personal) data is necessary for the purposes stipulated in Article 3 above.
Who else can receive and process your personal data?
The following (categories of) enterprises, institutions or entities may receive and/or process your personal data (whether or not as a data processor on behalf of or on the instruction of S.S.A. Sporting Goods).
- the IT provider(s) of S.S.A. Sporting Goods in the context of management, maintenance, support and hosting of the Website and the IT infrastructure of S.S.A. Sporting Goods;
- the bookkeeper(s)/accountants of S.S.A. Sporting Goods;
- the credit institutions of S.S.A. Sporting Goods;
- the insurance companies of S.S.A. Sporting Goods;
- the external representatives of S.S.A. Sporting Goods;
- the external consultants of S.S.A. Sporting Goods.
Where, how and for how long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is stored on a secure server located in Belgium, as well as in the Netherlands and Ireland (backup).
We will not keep your personal data longer than necessary to achieve the purposes specified in Article 3, unless special legal provisions apply to the storage or processing thereof.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request us to:
- access your personal data. You can obtain one copy of the requested information free of charge. If you request additional copies, S.S.A. Sporting Goods may charge you a reasonable fee as administrative cost;
- rectify your personal data;
- erase your personal data, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation of S.S.A. Sporting Goods, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of a (legal) claim;
- restrict the processing that relates to you.
You have the right to transfer your personal data to another controller.
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent (see Article 4 above), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent does not apply retroactively and does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
In the case of a complaint, you can contact us at email@example.com.
The exercise of your rights as set out above depends on the requirements and conditions as stipulated in the GDPR.
To exercise the above rights, simply send a request to S.S.A. Sporting Goods at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to provide adequate identification.
If S.S.A. Sporting Goods has reason to doubt your identity, it may ask you for additional information necessary to confirm your identity. Typically, S.S.A. Sporting Goods will request a copy of your ID to verify who is making the request.
What are our obligations?
We will take all appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. This includes the necessary measures regarding access control, physical and operational security, in particular with regard to the Website and the servers of S.S.A. Sporting Goods.
We keep a register of our processing activities, which also describes the (categories of) processing of your personal data.
We cooperate with the competent data protection authorities (at their request).
Where necessary and/or required, we will immediately report security incidents and data leaks (including unlawful processing, loss, unavailability, destruction, damage or unauthorised disclosure of your personal data) to the Data Protection Authority no later than 72 hours after becoming aware of them.
In the event that such a breach of your personal data constitutes a high risk to your rights and compliance with the conditions set out in the GDPR, you will be notified
If you become aware in any way of such a breach or of a breach of personal data of others, you can contact S.S.A. Sporting Goods at e-mail address email@example.com.
What are cookies and what are they used for?
Cookies are small data files that are stored by the browser on the hard drive of your computer or device when you visit and/or consult a website or use a (mobile) application that stores certain user information. Cookie files contain unique codes that among others allow your browser to recognise you during your visit to the Website, thereby improving your user experience. Cookies facilitate the interaction between the visitor and a website, and are used with a view to improving the user experience and for the collection of statistics among visitors to a website. Cookies ensure that your personal settings and preferences are stored or that image and sound material can be played. Certain cookies can be placed by a third party to measure the use of a website (e.g. Google Analytics).
The cookies on the Website?
S.S.A. Sporting Goods uses different types of cookies on the Website:
- Session cookies: these are cookies that maintain certain preferences during a surfing session, but disappear when you close your browser session;
- Permanent cookies: these are cookies that are permanently placed on your device, at least until their duration expires;
- Functional cookies: these cookies are necessary for the optimal functioning of the website and are technically necessary for the proper operation and security of the website. These cookies are placed without your permission since they are part of the legitimate interest of S.S.A. Sporting Goods;
- Non-functional cookies: these are cookies that can be placed for statistical, social, targeting and commercial purposes. They have nothing to do with the purely technical support of our websites. Non-functional cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies;
- Analytical cookies: these cookies are used to compile statistics such as the number of visitors to the Website, the most popular webpages, etc. (e.g. Google Analytics). This is how S.S.A. Sporting Goods knows how many times a particular page is read or how much time someone spends on our Website. Statistical analyses are made of the information we receive in this way. These statistical results allow us to improve the structure, navigation and content of our website and associated services. We also use this data to report generally about our services or in the context of studies in which we participate. No personal data is passed on. The consent of each visitor is required for the placement of these cookies;
- Marketing cookies: online advertising is personalised via these cookies;
- Social media cookies: these cookies offer the possibility to include buttons from social network sites. The buttons work via a code from these sites. A handy tool to promote webpages such as ‘liking’ and ‘pinning’.
First-party cookies do not assume that personal data is passed on to third parties, but can make use of a third-party data processor, e.g. to compile statistics. Your consent is also required to place, for example, first party analytical cookies.
Third party cookies allow personal data to be sent to third parties either directly (e.g. by an active component linked to a banner or a spy pixel) or indirectly by placing cookies that are accessible by websites other than that of the advertiser.
Below follows a more detailed list and description of the cookies on the Website:
Name of cookie
Google Analytics cookie
Analyses Website use.
Data that is collected and stored
Information about your use of the Website, including your IP address.
This information is transferred to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google uses this information to keep track of how you use the Website, to compile reports on website activity for website operators, and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so or insofar as these third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not combine your IP address with other data that Google has. For more information: http://www.google.be/intl/nl/analytics/.
Names used for this cookie: utma, utmb, utmc, utmv and utmz.
First party cookie or third party cookie
Third party cookie.
The cookies come from Google Analytics and are deleted after a maximum of two years.
Your consent is required for the placement and consultation of cookies via the Website on your devices, unless it concerns the technical storage of information or the provision of a service explicitly requested by you when the placement of a cookie is strictly necessary for this.
Your consent is therefore not required for functional cookies. Your consent is required for non-functional cookies.
If applicable, your consent must:
- be obtained before the cookies are placed. If your consent is not given, no cookies may be placed.
- be informed, this is why we are informing you about the different cookies via this cookies policy;
- be explicit and active. Your consent is therefore obtained by ticking the boxes in the cookies banner on the Website;
- be specific and thus obtained per cookie or per category of cookie.
If you have given consent via the Website to use non-functional cookies, you can change this setting at any time and withdraw your consent. Cookies already installed will then be deleted.
Enabling and disabling cookies – management
This can be done via one of the links below, depending on your web browser: Internet Explorer - Google Chrome - Firefox - Safari.
However, if you disable cookies, it is possible that the Website will no longer function correctly or that certain (graphic) elements or applications on the Website will function less well.